How to carry out a mid-year review for your business
It is easy to get caught up in the day-to-day running of a business, so creating time to reflect, review and (re)define your next steps is essential for your business.
The halfway point of 2023 is a good opportunity to carry out a mid-year review for your business – to reflect on your progress, review your business goals and their outcomes and (re)set your next quarter or 6-month business goals.
The 5 R’s will help:
Let’s take a look at these in more detail with some supportive questions to help.
- What went well?
- What challenges did you experience?
- What did you learn?
- What are you most proud of?
- What ideas do you want to bring to life?
- Which goals do you want to set next?
- What steps do you need to take to achieve your goals?
- How will you measure or track your progress?
- What are your priorities moving forward?
- What do you need to do, perhaps differently to get started?
- What resources do you need?
- Who can help you?
- How are you feeling?
- What new habits or ways of working do you want to adopt?
- How do you want to feel by the end of the year?
- What support might you need?
- Are your goals and ideas still relevant?
- What do you need to change or do differently?
- What do you need to do next?
Knowing the goals you want to achieve is the starting point but knowing the route to achieve them can sometimes be unclear.
This can easily lead to overwhelm, procrastination and unaccomplished goals. You need an action plan!
What is an action plan and how will it benefit my business?
An action plan is a breakdown of steps and tasks with due dates and resources needed to manage your projects and tasks to achieve your goals.
An action plan will help you to:
- See everything you’re working on in one place
- Prioritise your time and tasks
- Track your progress toward your goals
- Reach milestones and deadlines
- Hold yourself accountable for getting things done
In what can feel like an ever-changing world, regularly reflecting, reviewing progress, (re) defining progress and next steps are invaluable and will help you gain clarity, be current and in control.
Here is how I can help:
A 2-hour 1-1 coaching session to review 2023, set new goals and create an action plan to achieve them.
Energiser coaching programme
Extensive business coaching programme, designed to supercharge your business and boost your productivity.
Coaching to help you stay on track, meet deadlines and be accountable to achieve your business goals.
Goal setting and action planning training for teams
Create business goals and a step-by-step action plan to develop your team and business.
Planning for Productivity Pack
A bundle of reusable templates to help you create and structure your business goals, schedule your marketing, plan your days and weeks effectively and prioritise your time and tasks.
The perfect desk accessory to help you plan your day, prioritise your tasks and boost your motivation and wellbeing.